Saturday, May 06, 2006

Nesting?!

So between school, work, Young Womens and every day life my house has become an absolute trainwreck! I'm not sure if my cleaning spree today qualifies as nesting or if I've just reached my breaking point! Either way I have cracked down on my housework and mostly my laundry. One thing I'm forcing myself to do is fold the laundry as it comes out of the dryer so I don't end up with a pile o' laundry that sits on my couch for a month. (Not that that has EVER happened.) I've also done an upkeep clean of the bathroom. (It's amazing how quick it goes when you don't have to scrub TONS of grime off everything! I think I've had a lightbulb moment.) Now it's on to the kitchen. Fortunately it's mostly just dishes, unfortunately it's mostly just dishes.


Anyhow, this last Wednesday we had a combined Young Men Young Women activity at
Brian and Terry's house. They are always just generous hosts and so gracious letting us use their home for our youth pool parties. The kids have such a great time and Brian is such an amazing chef. They always seem so eager to let us have the pool parties there. It really is an amazing set up. It was nice to have such a low key activity and to just be able to visit with the youth and watch them. The youth in our ward are really amazing and so funny! I'm always so surprised at how well they all (including the young men and young women) get along. It was a nice evening.

Here's a picture taken from the patio looking out
over the river. We've lived here for almost 4 years and every once in awhile you still get that realization that this is home. Wednesday night looking out over the river was one of those moments. Four years ago that thought would have likely put me in tears- funny how time changes your perspective.

No comments: