Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Wicked Good Time

I do believe that I have one of the most kind and generous men as a father-in-law. A few months back I got a call from him telling me that he was buying tickets for Wicked in Portland. He invited me to go on a Girls' Trip with my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law and some of his nieces. After the original call I called my surrogate sister from Florida who lives in the suburbs of Portland to find out how close she would be and if a visit during my time there was possible. We were able to arrange for me to go out early to visit her. It was a much needed and welcomed vacation. Even the weather cooperated and while there was rain (I've been old that there is always a chance for rain in Portland) it was fairly mild and an excellent visit!

Gram, Kiersten (a friend of Cindy's), Cindy, Manda,
Alicia (my surrogate sister), Brooke, Whitney,
Meagan and Ashley (the nieces) at dinner.

Me and Alicia

Meagan and Ashley

Brooke and Whitney

Ashley and Gram.
(Sorry for the closed eyes Gram but it was the only picture I had of you up close.)



So not only did Tom buy us all tickets to the amazing show "Wicked" but they were the most UNBELIEVABLE seats in the THIRD row. I don't know which was more fun to watch the amazing show or the priceless view of seeing Gram and the girls watch the amazing show. I wish that Tom could have at least been there to see it himself.

Alicia and I in front of the auditorium for Wicked.

Gram, Brooke, Ashley, Whitney, Manda, Cindy and Meagan.


Thank you Tom (and Cindy) for the amazing trip!

2 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

So fun!

The High Family- said...

That is amazing! Always wanted to see Wicked. Glad you had a wonderful time.