Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Easter Pageant

Every Spring our church puts on an Easter Pagent on the lawn of the Mesa Temple. It tells of the final days before the crucifixion and subsequent resurrection of Jesus Christ. My sister-in-law spearheaded the production of loading us all up and heading down there to see it Tuesday night. We were a bit rushed to get seats and I know that I was concerned about keeping the kids out late and the pageant keeping their attention but it all was well worth it. The boys paid attention and enjoyed "the act out" (as they called it).

We grabbed a few pizzas from Little Cesear's (thank heavens for their hot and ready pizzas) and were seated just before they started making people giving up "saved" seats. So we sat and had our pizza.

The kids, Aunt Sandy, pizza and caprisuns. Yum!

Gotta love 6-year-olds.
Notice all the silly faces throughout the pictures
from these two- and Vance occasionally.

Me and the boys.
(No it's not an optical illusion- I did chop off all my hair.)

Emma, Vance and Joel in front of
the Mesa Temple.

Vance, Emma and Joel on the grounds
of the Mesa Temple.

Matthew and Brody ready for the sun
to set and the pageant to start.

I wasn't sure how much the boys got out of the pageant until today. The boys were playing up in their room. They came down and asked if I wanted to see their show. I told them I would come up and see it in a few minutes. When I went up they began to reenact part of the Easter Pageant. Thank you Aunt Sandy for the reminder of the true meaning of Easter beyond bunnies, chocolate and colored eggs.

1 comment:

Steve and Donna said...

would love to see this sometime :)