Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Spring Break Past

This was our first official Spring Break since it's Joel's first year of school. We planned on having a low key spring break. Joel's school break was actually TWO ENTIRE weeks! The first week Vance still had preschool so it was fun to have a couple mornings hanging out with just Joel.

Tuesday the boys reminded me that I had promised them that some day we would go to the zoo. And Tuesday seemed like a good day to be some day. So we got up and headed to the zoo. It was a perfect day to go to the zoo except that the bird show doesn't perform on Tuesday. It started out a bit overcast and chilly. But as the day went on it became sunny without being too hot. The boys had SO much fun and it was a really fun day at the zoo.


The boys and the flamingos.

I love this picture of Joel in his "Joe Cool" pose.

The boys with the giraffe's.
I LOVE giraffes and
I LOVE what good brothers
these two are to each other.

Vance with the lion and her cubs.


The boys and I had such a fun day together. It would have been nice to have Tj there- but I guess somebody has to bring home the bacon. I let the boys pick out something from the gift shop. The boys picked out little plastic chomper animals. Vance picked a cheetah that he named "Cheety, Cheety". Joel picked a crocodile that he named "Ziggy". Unfortunately, Joel broke his crocodile later that week- but Uncle Brody was able to fix it. But then Vance broke it almost a week later in a manner that couldn't be fixed. Bummer! Wish I had gotten a picture with them together before the demise of Ziggy, they really put a lot of miles on those toys.

1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

Ahhh...the zoo! One of our favorite places to be!