Thursday, September 30, 2010

Joel the song bird.

Have I mentioned that Joel LOVES to sing?! It is seriously the cutest thing. When Nama was in town she taught Joel and Vance the primary song "Jesus Once Was a Little Child" and they love to sing it with me. Every week Joel comes home singing another snippet of a primary song he learned at church. I am always amazed at how well he remembers them. He usually remembers just enough for me to know which song he's singing. He also loves to sing songs he hears on the radio (which means I have to be A LOT more selective about what we listen to in the car). I do have to laugh every time I hear him singing "Break your heart" by Taio or "Hey Soul Sister" by Train. He was even singing a Black Eyed Peas song today for Vance. He cracks me up. Sometimes when I'm getting ready to sing to him before bed he'll sing me a song first and will tell me "That ones for you mommy." It is SO sweet.

Today he was telling me about a song and was AMAZED that I knew it. All he could remember was treat them kindly. I actually had my camera handy and he was willing to perform so here's a rare sighting of the Joel song bird. (The song is "Jesus Said Love Everyone", the words are almost perfect but the melody is a little off.)




1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Too cute. We have little singers around here too, I love that.