Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What do you do without kids?!

After we left Vegas we went to Arizona for a reunion with the Lines side of the family. After a fun-packed weekend with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc we headed to Phoenix to drop the boys off with Nama and Pa. I wore my sunglasses as I walked the boys down to the car, buckled them into their seats and gave them kisses and all the while I hid behind my sunglasses. Yes, this was the boys first vacation without mom and dad and while they were looking forward to going to visit Nama and Pa without us I was dreading them leaving us behind. But as good parents know you often sacrifice your own happiness for your children's, so I hid my tears behind my sunglasses and told them not to have too much fun without me. And off they went for 10 days.


So what do you do when you don't have any kids for 10 days?

Well Tj did what he always does and worked.

The first thing I did was clean my house. I wanted to remember what it was like to have a house stay clean for more than 10 minutes. I may or may not have shed a few tears picking up the boys room.

And then while I had lists of things I wanted to get done, and needed to get done. I basically spent the rest of the week like this: I slept, I napped and I lived on a very relaxed time table. And my "To-Do" list stayed about the same. And while I enjoyed/survived (depending on the day) my week without the boys they were living up not stop fun and recreation with Nama, Pa, cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Those pictures/blog post will come later.

No comments: