Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quick Trip to Bend

Besides getting back with the boys I was really looking forward to a quick road trip to Bend to see one of my best friends. The Schreiners were our neighbors in Naples and my life line when Tj was gone for training. So when the opportunity to road trip over to see them was presented I jumped!

So after a 6 hour drive (which was brutal at times) by myself I rolled into Bend and met up with Alicia. And then I crashed (did I mention it was about midnight?!). The next day was some quality BFF time. We started with trip to Sonic for Cherry Vanilla Dr. Peppers. And then what would a BFF weekend be without a trip to Urgent Care?!

Poor Leish had some skin irritation.
But that's how you know you have a real
friendship when even a trip to Urgent Care
(and subsequent trips to the pharmacy) are
fun times just being able to hang out!

Then it was off to the Bend Summer Extravaganza. Street fairs, carnival food, Antique shops, and the worlds longest souvenir shopping trip, followed by yummy Thai food (minus coconut soup due to trade embargoes or something) and finished by a night of "Just Dance 2" on the Wii. Lots of fun crammed into one day.

Leish and Beck taking a break from dancing.

Beck doing me a favor and glamming me up
before my next dance number. :)

A super awesome picture of Josh taken from
the vantage point of Beck. Gotta love it!

I don't have a picture of Elle because she's in a super anti-photographic stage
but she was there and we had a super awesome time with her too.

The next morning I was up and after breakfast and morning chats with the Schreiners I was headed back to Boise. The trip home was significantly more beautiful of a drive and while I was excited to get back to the boys I was also really sad to be leaving such good friends.

But it's left me looking forward to my next trip to the beautiful town of Bend and enjoying spending more time with our good friends.

1 comment:

Steve and Donna said...

so nice you got together- didn't realize you lived that close :)