Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Joel The Artist

I know that this will seem silly to post about but I was really excited about Joel getting into drawing pictures- well more specifically people. My kids have always liked coloring and art projects but drawing things that would be recognizable to anyone but themselves was not high on their priority list. So imagine my surprise when Joel drew this on the white board:


Notice that he even wrote their names on the side. Also take note that Vance has spiky hair. lol

Joel and his masterpiece and his inspiration.
Vance is seriously one funny kid. Love the face.
(Also notice the trusty blanket nearby. sigh)

Of course Vance wanted to show his masterpiece.
He drew hearts- awwwww! :)

When Vance draws on things he likes to use his left hand.
Silly boy, we'll see if he turns out left handed like Tj or not.

Joel's second rendition of himself and his brother.

The only draw back to using the white board is that the drawings don't last if I don't take a picture. Maybe we'll go back to the old pen and paper. :)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is so cute, I love how creative he got. So Talented.

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

lol I love how he draws the hair on Vance! So cute! I got really excited too when Caleb started to draw stuff that I could actually recognize. Nothing is cuter than a family picture drawn by a little kid!
Hey thank you so much for your comment/idea on my blog yesterday!! You, Vanessa & Kimberlee were so helpful; I'm so excited that now I know how I can make those mirrors!

Amy Allred said...

That is so cute! I loved it when my kids did the same thing! I LOVE the Mohawk! Too cute!