Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some photos of the boys.

What's this, another post by Manda?! I know it's hard to believe.

The boys are staying active. They are getting to spend a lot of time with Tj lately and we are all enjoying it. We all went to the Sugar Mill Garden and had a good day. It would have been better had we had bug spray. There was a cat there and Joel was very interested in it.

Joel and Vance are still the best of friends. Joel constantly makes me laugh. He is very good about sharing and making sure that Vance gets a turn with whatever he's doing. They love to play together and wrestle around. In all honestly it makes me a little nervous but Tj makes sure to referee.

Joel is our little songbird. He LOVES to sing! He loves to sing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam", "The ABC Song", "I am a Child of God", "Once there was a Snowman" (Yeah talk about ironic. The boy has never seen snow but loves to sing about snowmen.), the "Monkey" songs (monkeys jumping on beds and teasing the alligator), and all the other songs that are played on his and Vance's toys. His vocabulary continues to increase. Our favorite words lately are "Thank You" and "You're Welcome". He thanks us probably 75 times a day. For everything from getting him food to sending him to timeout. He's so funny! Hopefully he'll always be so polite.

Vance is our entertainer. He is always doing things to make us laugh. His latest thing is that he loves to stick out his tongue. He loves to empty my cupboards and "help" me empty the dishwasher. He is still my little mommas boy. Sometimes it's fun but other times it's frustrating. Vance also LOVES to dance. His little boogying cracks me up. But I love that he loves to move and groove. Vance is also trying very dilligently to keep up with Joel's vocabulary. He's always trying to mimic our words including: down, done, up, dada, and ah. He will also sign "More".

Other than that we're just continuing on with life. We're a little sick of all the rain we're getting courtesy of Fay. Although, we do need the rain and we have been blessed with safety. We have also been enjoying the Olympics. Our favorites (swimming and gymnastics) are now over but we're still enjoying watching the volleyball and track events. So that's what's going on here.



2 comments:

Miriam said...

Such beautiful boys, I love being able to follow them thru blogs. Thanks!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Ha ha, actually I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Seriously, these kids are great!! I'm loving being a bulldog. I'll admit, I will always have huge Thatcher Eagle Pride, but I can be prideful in both! Who knew I'd teach at your Alma Mater.