Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Family Reunion of Sorts



So my cool cousin Xela (shay-lah) stopped by to see me today. Now that may not mean a lot to most people but she is a world traveler currently residing in AZ. She was out here visiting some friends and stopped by. It was so great to see her! She is such an amazing person. She has lived in SO many places and had so many experiences that I cannot even fathom. Her most recent job was helping at-risk youth in an outward bound type program. She is now getting ready to start her masters program in social work. Her goal- start a home in Guatemala for at risk youth there. (I may not be completely accurate on all that but it's the general gist.) Truly she is an amazing woman!
I have to say that I love my cousin Xela. I'm not sure she could be very much different from me than she already is. She is so tough, adventurous and intelligent. But she also has such a kind heart and such strength. I have so many memories of growing up and spending time with her that I won't even attempt to start sharing stories. She definitely has an adventurous streak to her. My life was more well-rounded for the time I spent with her- and maybe I'm a little tougher for it too. : )
So Xela thanks for stopping by!


PS for all my other relatives: If you come out and visit us you'll get a blog post with nice things about you too. (lol) : )

4 comments:

Kim Krok said...

Me and Ethan have been trying to get over to Florida to use this vacation he bought like 3 years ago. When we finally get there I will be sure to look you up!

The High Family- said...

I love when friends and family come to visit, especially since your cousin sounds like an incredible person. I also love the picture of you and your cousin when you were younger. A lot of my memories of you were at that age. I guess that means we need to come and visit so I can have some new memories.

Linda said...

Those pictures are so cool! Thanks for sharing--I first recognized the one in the middle and I thought to myself, wow those girls look so young and with such long hair, then I realized it was a picture taken when you were about 14, right? Really, really cute--I'm so glad Shaila stopped to visit with you. Love, Aunt Linda

Miriam said...

Wow, cool pictures! I have awesome nieces :)