Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Quick Blog Blurb

So it's been a couple of weeks without a blog post. I know this because every time I stalk, I mean visit my friends' and families' blogs I see on their tickers how long it's been since I've posted. And since I have a guilt complex anyhow well......

So in other news things here have been pretty hectic. Well not so much for me but in general. We were minimally affected by Fay. Mostly just rain and a little wind. So far Ike doesn't appear to be a problem but really I haven't been paying a lot of attention.

I am actually on my way to go pick Tj up from the airport. Long story short he is returning from flying a plane down to Africa. He left last Wednesday and yeah is now getting back. Maybe he'll do a guest post about his trip. So it's been an exciting week for us. I got to take a week off from work to hang out with the boys. Tj's parents were celebrating their 30th anniversary on a cruise, Tj was flying around the world and I got to hang out with the boys. Somehow I feel I got a little cheated on the travel portion of that deal but it was a fun week just me and my boys.

The boys are just getting hysterical. I have a feeling we're going to be investing in bandaides and wrestling mats. Joel's favorite thing right now (in addition to Thomas & friends trains and trains in general) is to race. We had a playdate last week and had about 5 little boys racing down a pretty narrow hall. Of course there were tears involved but it was fun while it lasted. He also likes to climb onto things (chairs, toys, couches, beds) and jump off of them. I see skydiving and cliff jumping in his future. Heaven help me. Vance's favorite thing right now is whatever he should not be getting into. Wipes, toilet paper, anything on top of the dresser, toilet, garbage, sinks, dishwasher- well really the list is endless. He is just so mischievous! The other night I was cooking dinner and Vance had locked himself in his room (via the babygate). After I put dinner in the oven I went to check on him. I found him on Joel's bed and attempting to climb onto the dresser. He is just so adventurous. Joel and Vance are like ying and yang. I have a feeling the next 18 years are going to be quite the ride.

PS. You will notice that there are no pictures with this post. That is because as a spectator I am able to take pictures. As the referee not so much. Hopefully new pictures will come soon.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I can surely relate to your post. Although it was many years ago, I remember feeling like I didn't have a life of my own! But, alas, it goes so quickly and at times I long to have my little children around me once again.

The High Family- said...

Our boys would love each other if we lived closer. I bet if we got them together they would cause so much damage we would have to submit an insurance claim. Oh the joys of BOYS!

One proud Mommie said...

Haha.. It sounds like the pair of them give their mommy a run for her money (Oh wait, moms work for huggs and kisses not cash). We miss seeing you all. Come visit Daytona soon! :)

LucyH said...

It sounds like an adventurous life! Does your husband go to a lot of different places?

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Joel has gotten Caleb into racing too! Ever since that playdate where they were racing up and down the hallway, now Caleb is always wanting to race!

manda carol said...

Brooke, send Caleb on over. We'd love a break!