Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busy Summer



So this summer has been a pretty busy one for us. It started with not one but two trips out to Arizona (at least for me- one with the boys one without), trips to the zoo, trips to the library, swimming with friends, a trip to Miami, watching fireworks, and a trip to the train show. That not even mentioning work, keeping up with the house, Scout camps for Tj, and trying to keep up with two very active boys. I know it's so obvious but Joel and Vance are so distinctively different people. I love my boys. They both have their strong points and challenges. But they constantly keep me busy and often times entertained (if not a little crazy).

I love how they constantly surprise me. Lately everything has become a cape for Joel. I love that he is getting into the whole pretend stage. The other day he was running around holding a dish towel around his neck. Of course Vance wanted to play to. So a couple of hair clips and another dish towel later and they were super heroes.

Joel's latest obsession has been with trains. He LOVES trains. He has a couple of trains at our house and Nama's house. He loves watching the Thomas & Friend's series and reading the books. He has bathtub toy trains and if all else fails just about any toy can substitute as a train. We saw an add on the TV the other day for a train expo in Orlando. We knew we had to take Joel. He had a blast- even if he was feeling a little under the weather.

Vance is just trying to keep up with Joel. He's so determined. In some ways that is great. He refuses to crawl and LOVES to walk and run around with Joel. He also wants to eat whatever is on Joel's tray and play with whatever Joel is playing with. It becomes quite the challenge keeping him occupied with more age appropriate food, toys, etc.

I am so fortunate that they are such good boys. Joel is so good at sharing- including with Vance and me. Vance just loves Joel and wants to be with him. They play together so well. I love watching them and playing with them. I know I was a little hesitant when I first found out we were expecting Vance. But I am so grateful that he's part of our family. Even on the days where I feel like I may just go crazy and I want to lock myself in my shower (the only place the boys haven't figured out how to get into) I feel so blessed to be a mom and wife. No matter where our family ends up or what the circumstances are once we're there we're a family and we'll be together. That is such a happy thought.

4 comments:

L!ND$EY said...

Hey girl! I'm so excited I found your blog (it's funny how that happens==>you see blog on another person's blog, which leads to another blog, and so on). I can't believe how fast your boys are growing up. We miss you guys...I look forward to seeing more posts.

Linda said...

We sure missed you at the birthday party for Grandma. Sounds like your summer has been busy and fun. Your boys are so cute.

Celeste said...

Woo Hoo....I found your blog :)

Miriam said...

I love hearing about your family, Love you!