Monday, June 12, 2006

Life Changing!




Wow, what a month it's been! I can't believe how your entire life can change so completely in such a short amount of time.
So as most of you know Joel Thomas was born May 22 at 5:38 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 7 oz with a whole head of hair. He really is a beautiful baby! It was love at first sight and it's been pretty amazing. He is such a good baby. He rarely cries- usually when he's hungry or being changed. He's now starting to smile and it's so cute. He's pretty gassy though. It just makes me laugh when such a loud noise comes from such a small person!
After Joel was born my mom came out for about a week and a half which was great. Joel may be a fairly easy baby but he does like to eat. So mom did the cooking and helped keep the house running and took care of a couple of the late night feedings so I could get a couple hours of rest. The rest of the time was spent catching up, running errands and hanging out. (Thanks again mom!)
Then when she left Tj's mom came out for a week. She'll go home tomorrow. But she basically picked up where my mom left off. I don't know why everyone thinks having a baby is so difficult. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. While I have gotten more sleep in the last couple of weeks than I probably will get in the next several months there's something about getting it in two hour increments that is just not completely satisfying. In fact I was trying to remember the last time I slept through the entire night. I think it was sometime in January or maybe it was December. It's hard to remember any more.
But really having Joel in our home is amazing. I didn't know what to expect before he was actually here but it's better than I could have imagined. He's a wonderful boy and watching Tj with him has been a lot of fun too. Tj's already got him into watching sports- they've been watching the NBA playoffs together. The funny thing is Joel is always wide awake and alert while he's with Tj. At least for awhile. I feel pretty fortunate.

No comments: