Monday, January 23, 2012

And a Happy New Year.

So we've been back at home and started getting back into a routine. Here's a summary of each member of our family.

Tj- He stays busy with work. He just turned 33 earlier this month. He's now 6' and weighs 165 lbs. He keeps us busy with his whole healthy lifestyle. Did I mention that he stays busy with work?!

Manda- It seems like time keeps rolling. I stay busy with house keeping (less of a priority), volunteering in Joel's school class, volunteering with the PTA and school foundation, arranging play dates, crafting, planning and overseeing the elementary school yearbook, helping with kids with homework, teaching sunday school at church, and basically being the social committee for our family. I hit the big 3-0 this year and celebrated by driving from Salt Lake to St. George, UT. (Although it was nice to be heading home!) Once I got home my friend and I went to see Wicked. Happy Birthday to me!!!!! (Thanks Jonelle!)

Joel- Went back to school and is doing amazing. He enjoys reading, math and running away from the girls for his life. :) He is a good friend to all his classmates. I love watching him interact with his classmates and in his own environment at school. I get to be in the class about once a week and it's so great to see what he's doing at school and be part of his class community. It's amazing to see him getting so grown up and maturing. I'm always so impressed with his reasoning and watching him write and read. It's especially fun to watch him play video games on the Leapster Explorer. I'm so surprised how much he knows and how he can manipulate it. He's also still the quite the songbird. Nama taught him about harmony and so he likes to listen to the radio and harmonize. He is also quite the Jenga master. I'm really excited for him since he's getting to an age and stage where he can be my game partner.

Vance- He's my sweet and tart little guy. He's my snuggle buddy and loves to snuggle up with me anytime I'm sitting still. He's my sweet guy who loves to give me kisses and hugs as surprises and tells me all the time how much he loves me. He loves to wrestle with daddy and Joel. He's also our stubborn little boy. Man that little boy is as spicy and fiesty as he is sweet. And he is so smart! Quite the firecracker we have on our hands. My biggest struggle is how to mother him without breaking him. There are some days when he pushes me to my limits but man do I love him! It's going to be the adventure seeing him grow up. But I hope he'll always be my buddy. He's my partner and loves to be with me. I try and remember there are days when I'll wish to have these days back.

So that's us. I'm going to try and keep this blog up without the help of not so subtle reminders. :)

1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

Hooray for being back at it! I love keeping up with your sweet family.