Monday, October 10, 2011

Visit to Cousins: Part 1

A couple of weeks ago I decided that since Tj was so busy at work it was a good time to go visit my brother and his family in Arizona. After talking it over with Tj we decided that since Joel had a half day on Thursday anyway we'd make it an extra long weekend. So after Joel got out of school on Thursday we were ready to road trip. We had to make a few stops but it was a pretty easy drive- I'm so glad the boys are good travelers. We got in just before bedtime.

Friday morning cousins played hookie from school and we headed off to a splash pad. These are some of the greatest inventions ever, ESPECIALLY when it's a billion degrees out. We went to a really fun park that not only had a great splash pad, but also had a train ride, carousel and a really neat shaded park. We didn't even have time to play on all the different areas.

THE TRAIN RIDE:
Corbin
(This was before he decided I wasn't a
crazy lady invading his home & life. lol)

Joel and Matthew

Vance ready to ride.

The Kids
Matthew, Corbin
Emma, Vance and Joel


THE SPLASH PAD:

THE CAROUSEL:

JASON'S DELI



Since we were in town we hit up the Deseret Bakery for their yummy Orange Rolls and a new favorite Raspberry Pull Aparts. Friday night I treated the grown-ups to No Pain Lo-Mein, one of our favorite recipes. Sandy became a short order cook making chicken nuggets any thing else the kids asked for. Oh, and did I mention she also was watching her friend's 3 kids. So if you're counting that's my brother's 3 kids, my 2 kids and 3 friends. It was a little CRAZY! But the kids had a blast. Later that night my cousin and his wife came over with their baby. She was so FREAKIN' cute! We stayed up and talked WAY too late.

No comments: