Sunday, August 29, 2010

That's How We Roll

I don't know how time gets past me. I feel like I have a hard time keeping track of days and that our days really aren't THAT busy but yet I don't get nearly as much done as I intend to (aka keeping up on the blog more regularly). But things have been pretty busy. We found a permanent place to live (yeah we don't have to be homeless when the homeowner comes back in a few weeks), we play with our friends, we joined 2 play groups (one for Joel and one for Vance), and I am trying to keep up on the housework, laundry, bills, etc that go along with a family of 4.

Tj is so funny. Since getting done with training (and even before) he has really gotten into being physically fit. It's funny to hear him say after the boys go to bed, "I think I'm going to go for a run" when he already worked out in the morning. For someone who does not enjoy going to the gym and hasn't found her "work out niche" it's hard to see the pleasure in running. But he enjoys it and is good at it. Another regular occurrence around our house is to pile the boys up on Tj's back and to help him with his push-ups. Joel takes his responsibility VERY seriously. Vance is such a goof but likes to be in the middle of things with Daddy and Joel. They love it!

Joel and Vance helping daddy with his push ups.

Vance's turn!

I think I have mentioned a time or two that Vance LOVES his blankie. So at night when he won't go to sleep his consequence most of the time is to have his blankie taken away. One night it got taken away and he was very upset with me. When I went to check on them after they had fallen to sleep I started to panic when I couldn't see Vance. I looked under the bed and around the bed when I saw this:
Now this picture was taken with a flash.
In the dark it was fairly difficult to see.
Do you see him?

He had curled up under the pillow.

Chocolate pudding is messy. My life with two little boys is messy in general and I try and minimize the mess. But I hadn't realized how much I had deprived the boys of life's little joys until I realized that I don't know if Vance had ever had messy chocolate pudding- at least with me. So when they decided they would rather buy the dollar chocolate pudding pack at Wal-Mart than get lunch I decided it was a steal and bought them the pudding. The look on Vance's face says it all. I suppose I may cave and get more pudding more often for them. :)

I have every intention of blogging about the full extent of Nama's visit, our trip to the fair and rodeo, more of Vance's rockin' outfits, and some of the other stuff going on around here. But we move into our permanent place on Wednesday and so realistically there's a good chance it will be another 2 weeks before I blog again. But we'll see- because that's how we roll, best of intentions meets reality. :)

6 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

I feel the same way about running- but some seem to like it. Altho' I've yet to see a smiling jogger :)

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Vance is so funny; it took me a few seconds to find him! What a cute picture. Good luck with your move!

Janet said...

Your boys are so cute and so BIG! We saw your in-laws a few weeks ago before their big move. Glad to hear you guys are all doing well. :)

The High Family- said...

Hope the move goes well! You should move to Idaho Falls, our boys would have so much fun together! Just a thought.

Vanessa said...

I am so glad that you found a place to live, I know how hard it is to be in a transition place. The boys are so cute. Can't wait to read the rest of the fun you are all having...

Brian and Janette said...

I've enjoyed catching up with your family. I didn't realize that your baby was already 3!! And that he might be your last...that would make for an emotional day for me as well. As always...your family is adorable and it's completely obvious that there is a lot of love and fun to go around. I wish I could be a fly on the wall. Oh...and don't give TJ too hard of a time about running...some of us just catch the bug and there's no looking back!