Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008: Christmas Lights Edition



We have been having a really good time here in Idaho. Last night we had a testosterone trip to see Christmas lights. It just so happened that we had an all boys trip to the south hills Christmas lights. Tj's aunts Beckie and Jenni, their husbands Steve and Jay along with their boys, Tj, me, Joel, Vance and Cindy all went up to see the lights. This family has been decorating their house for probably about 15 years. They have a circular drive and they decorate on both sides of the drive and the house. They convert their garage into a winter wonderland village display, pipe out Christmas music and they even bring in a camel that kids can feed baby carrots too. It's really an amazing display.

Tj took me to see the lights 7 years ago when we were first married. It was really fun to take the boys there this year. Joel was SO excited to see all the lights. He was a little weary of the camel but fed it a carrot which surprised me. Vance was pretty laid back about the whole thing and was pretty happy to be carted around while remaining toasty warm in his stroller. And of course having all their cousins around added to the fun and excitement. It was a really fun night!

4 comments:

Hill said...

Wow it looks like you guys are having a Blast!

Delmonico Family said...

I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves. How fun! It's always so much fun to see Christmas lights. Its my favorite Holiday.

The High Family- said...

I love christmas lights. I would put mine up in July if it was kosher. I am glad you got to spend time with family!

Unknown said...

Holy Cats! I can't believe they bring in a real camel. Those people love Christmas. It looks like so much fun.