Sunday, July 23, 2006

Fun Times


(Joel with his friend Alyssa)

So this week has been filled with firsts for Joel. It helps that he is staying conscious more- aka he doesn't sleep ALL the time.
On Thursday I took Joel swimming for the first time. The pool wasn't cold but the water wasn't heated either. With our experiences with cold baths I was very worried that he would scream and cry and hate the pool. However, he surprised me and was pretty ambivalent to it. As long as I held him close he was okay with the water. Towards the end he started splashing a little bit but for the most part wasn't really excited about it but didn't hate it either. Hopefully we'll try it again this week.
Then yesterday Joel had his first road trip. He and I went down to Melbourne to visit Davina, Aaron, Alyssa and Rebecca. I was a little nervous because Tj couldn't make the trip so if Joel got cranky on the trip it would be a bit difficult. Of course Joel was a great travel buddy. He slept most of the time but he still is okay being in his carrier as long as he gets a break from it and gets to play too! I was relieved that he was such a good traveler.
This week will be pretty busy. We'll be getting ready to meet the rest of the Lines Clan in San Diego. We're pretty excited and since Joel has proven to be a pretty good traveler it should be a lot of fun. We're excited to see everyone and I'm pretty sure they're excited to meet him.
Anyhow, Joel has decided he's bored playing by himself so I've got to get.

No comments: