Saturday, July 08, 2006

Calling out to my peeps!

(I thought this picture was pretty cute of Joel. He's got a little smile and it looks like he's waving- hence the title. I know I'm kind of lame.)

So it's been a little while since I updated this blog. I'm slacking I know! Joel is growing so quickly though. Even if I updated this everyday I don't think I could keep up with him!

So my biggest news with Joel is that he is now smiling. Like real smiles for people. His first smile for me came on Tuesday. It was so cute. I went to get him in the morning from his crib and he was just hanging out. When I called out to him he looked up at me and gave me the cutest smile! It was one of those moments that are just between me and Joel. The funny thing is that he will be real smiley and I'll call Tj in to see and by the time Tj finishes what he's doing and gets to
where we're at Joel's done smiling. I'm not sure that Tj believes me when I tell him that Joel is smiling because he hasn't seen it yet. Hopefully soon!

Joel has also discovered his spit. So now not only do I get to contend with his spit-up but now he likes to blow spit bubbles too. Lovely! Actually right now it's still cute but I'm pretty sure it will get old soon. Silly boy!


We also got Joel a new "toy". Actually it's just a baby carrier. I got it so that I can take him walking. (I've got to do some serious exercising if I'm going to get into a bathing suit at family vacation in a couple of weeks!) Joel seems to like it fine. Usually within minutes he's sleeping- shocker right?! But it's pretty nice. I'm not sure if I can ever talk Tj into wearing it. When I got it I believe his comment was- "Are you going to be one of those moms?!" But it is pretty handy plus it keeps me from having to haul the carrier EVERYWHERE. Yeah, that carrier gets pretty heavy and it's not making me buff!


Okay, so Joel has been pretty patient with me while I wrote this so I guess I should wrap it up and go feed him. Here's one last picture. This was taken on the Fourth of July. We took Joel on his first boat ride. We met up with a bunch of people Tj works with and one of them had a boat. So we all went and watched several of the firework displays on the Halifax river in the boat. I know this will come as a surprise but Joel spent most of the ride sleeping. But it was a fun ride.




(I know that the stupid time stamp is covering half of Joel's face. I've asked Tj to photoshop it out. As soon as he does that I'll replace this picture with the better one.)

No comments: