Friday, June 28, 2013

Oh What a Year Part 2

 Not long after we came home school started.

Joel's First Day of School

Vance's First Day of school.
Notice the ninja pose.

 The second day of school was Vance's birthday!  Happy 5th Birthday.

Standing in front of his class in his birthday glory!

Vance wanted a two sided light saber "for years".

Vance got a game to use on my DS.

 That weekend we had a little party for our birthday boy at our pool.
The kids trying to free the superheroes from the ice
with their water guns.  (Thank you pinterest for the idea!)
Blowing out the candles on his cake.
Enjoying his cake and morphing into a smurf.  lol

Things continued to chug along and before long it was Halloween!

Joel REALLY wanted to be Robin. 
So we coaxed Vance into being Batman.
Here they are with their loot.

We spent fall break in Arizona.
Joel with Papa in the Z.
Vance's turn to take a ride with Papa in the Z.

One of my old church leaders bought my grandparents old home next to my parents' house.  It was fun to visit with her and take the boys through my grandparents house.  One of the things I loved about my grandparents house was their pomegranate tree out back. 
The boys and I in front of the pomegranate tree.
Yes that's me with blonde hair.  I've since gone back to brunette.
It was a fun change for a little while.

No comments: