Saturday, June 22, 2013

Citizen Joel

 So one morning Joel reminds me that it had been awhile since I had checked his folder that week.  (In my defense Tj had been out of town all week and I was managing things on the home front.)  Luckily he reminded me because in there was a note.... from the Principal.  Joel was going to be recognized at the school assembly that day.  (Thanks Joel for the reminder!!!)
So after dropping Vance off a 10 I headed into the assembly.  I was on pins and needles to find out what Joel would be recognized for.....

Part of the group being recognized:

Joel getting his Award for Citizenship from the Principal.

After getting his award.
Joel was one of about two dozen students in his school (of about 1,000 students) recognized for good citizenship throughout the school year.  Joel is such a joy!  He has such an amazing sense of kindness in him.  He truly is good to the core.  I wish I could take credit for it but he has been like that since the day he was born.  I was so proud of him! 

No comments: