Thursday, September 08, 2011

First Day of School

The day after Vance's birthday Joel started school! He was so excited- and so was I.... mostly. The boys spent the night at the hotel with Nama so I was able to get ready and have my little emotional breakdown before they came home. Then I was able to just be excited for Joel!

Joel's first day of school 2011
Kindergarten

Joel and Mommy

So it's been a bit since he started school. He LOVES his teacher, Mrs. J. His first day of school he came home and said, "I have the nicest teacher EVER" and I believe he's probably right. I got to go to Back To School Night and get an overview of his class' year and I'm so excited for him! I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I get to volunteer in his class for the first time. But more about things going on with us later..... hopefully not too much later. :) He's doing really well and loves to come home and tell us about the letters they worked on that day, how many friends he has, and all the highlights from the class. He's a great student and really tries hard to focus on his homework. His handwriting is already improving. I think it's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

The High Family- said...

Just wanted to say...you look AMAZING! Seriously girl, you are so beautiful. Just thought I should let you know. ;)