Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sir Vance- alot

Vance is two and a half going on 12. He will gladly tell anyone who asks that his birthday is Ausgsis sisteenth. He is so funny and never stops talking- although sometimes that's not always so funny. He has the mind of a steel trap. He NEVER forgets anything. If I tell him that we'll do something and we haven't done it in the following hour he will come up to me either a) very disturbed or b) with shock and surprise and say "Mommy, you know what we forgot?! We forgot....." and this will continue until the promised activity has been completed.

He loves to tell stories and he loves to say prayers. It's kind of funny because lately all of his stories start and end the same. He starts them "One time..." and then when he's done he says "amen". It seriously makes me laugh all the time.

Vance is SO opinionated. He has to weigh in on everything and will continue to repeat and repeat said opinion until it has been acknowledged properly. It is always amazing to me how different he is from Joel. He is definitely my type A personality kid. And I do have to admit that I see a lot more of myself (personality wise) in Vance than Joel (Joel has Tj's laid-back-everything-will-be-fine personality).

Vance is very creative. He loves to do art projects. While Joel will color to pass the time at a restaurant or in church Vance LOVES to color. He will often invite me to color with him which is fun. He will go get his crayon roll and color book or paper and sit and color. It's really fun to see. He also LOVES to play with play-doh, paint, draw and write.

He still continues to be my little munchkin although he's slowly getting bigger. He is finally too big for his 18 month clothes (except for pants) now. I think that it's just because he never stops! He too is a good eater. He favors hot dogs and peanut butter and jelly and fruit snacks. I swear he would eat fruit snacks constantly if I allowed it. It's what he asks for first thing in the morning and every time he's hungry throughout the day. He too likes carrots and broccoli and tomatoes. He'll eat just about anything chicken although sometimes surprises us by choosing a haanguber instead of chicken.
Vance knows how to relax.
Blanket and a comfy couch- who could ask for more?!
Seriously I love that he sits like this all the time:
on the couch, in the car and in bed.

Joel is slowly outgrowing his naps and so occasionally
for a treat I'll let them watch a movie for quiet time.
Vance ALWAYS falls asleep but tries to hide it from me.

Vance is at the age where he likes to pick out his own
clothes (which usually include some of Joel's) and get
dressed by himself. It can be quite the experience sometimes.
This is one example, I can't believe that he got his entire waist
through the leg hole! He was quite upset but I made him model
his outfit before I helped him correct it. He also almost ALWAYS
has his pants on backwards and often his underwear is on backwards
and maybe even inside out. I love it though! I know there will come
a day when he won't make those mistakes and he's growing up way too
fast as it is. I'll keep every reminder that he's still little as long as I can.

Vance has such a funny personality.
He will often decide that he likes one
article of clothing and that will go with
everything. In this instance it was his old
baby sunglasses. There's also his button shirt
(that he will ask for by name most days of the week)
and his flip flops that he almost never has on right
(he usually has the divider between his second and third toe).
It's just funny because even now Joel rarely cares what he wears
but Vance wants to pick out his own clothes and do it himself!

Mister personality for you, once more!
(Also you get a shot of his "button shirt" named
because it has snaps- that he loves- on the shoulder.)
The funny thing is that he loves to swing in the baby
swings at the park. If I'd let him he'd stay there pretty
much the entire time we're at the park. He loves going high
and while he can swing on the big swing he prefers the baby one.
He goes back and forth between asking us if he can be a piewlot
and fly airplanes or have a gun and fight bad guys when he's a daddy.
I would not be the least surprised with either one.

2 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Manda, you are so great about just cherishing the moments with your boys. I admire that and appreciate your example--even if they dress themselves like dorks, take a funny picture, or dip their cheese sandwiches in yogurt....what gives? They're happy and healthy and who could ask for anything more? Your family is adorable.

Vanessa said...

Your Children are so cute... It is amazing how they come out of the same place, and yet you wonder sometimes where did they come from? Hope all is well in Cali, hope one day we could all meet up again, and let our boys meet each other... It will be fun, to see all the boys from 06 together again.