Monday, September 17, 2007

Another week gone by.

So it seems like the weeks just keep passing by. Joel continues to keep us entertained. He has such a happy personality. He loves to laugh and him and dado play and laugh all evening once Tj gets home. He continues to jabber away and we're hopeful that any day now he'll start talking. Or should I say start using words we can understand. He knows exactly what he's saying- it's just us who can't interpret him. He's getting more interested in Vance. In a way it's cute and on the other hand it's terrifying. I know it's just a matter of time before he tries to hold him or move him. So I make sure to keep my eye on them whenever Vance is within reach of Joel. But he's so sweet to Vance. He tries to share his toys. So cute! Joel is mommy's helper. He loves to help. He'll bring me blankets and loves to help lift things. He thinks he is so strong and loves to show it.

Vance is starting to be awake more and we're getting to know him too. He's pretty laid back and takes the mauling from Joel in stride. As strong as Joel is Vance will be at least as tough. He's got to be to survive. (lol) Vance loves to look around and is just so bright eyed when he's awake. I guess there's always something to look at or listen to when you have such an active big brother. It's fun getting to know him- as silly as that sounds.

Life has been pretty typical although this last week has been pretty eventful. Tj's grandma (Gram) has been visiting- staying with his parents- and so the boys have gotten to spend time with her. Last week we made the adventurous journey to Orlando for three days. It was quite an experience traveling with two boys. But we made it and for the most part came out unscathed. (lol)

So here are some pictures for all of you who need your Joel and Vance fix.


Joel's so silly! He decided he didn't
want to listen to our music the other
day in the car. So he plugged his
ears. Silly kid. He thought he was
pretty funny too!


Vance spending quality time with dado.

Vance all snuggly after his bath.
I couldn't help but take a picture!


Nobody gets Vance's paci! I guess
he's already learned he's got to protect
it from being stolen by Joel. Joel likes
to "help" mommy and take the paci
and bring it to me wherever I am.
Even if that means taking it from Vance!


Joel and Tj at Sea World. Joel was
such a trooper. His entire schedule
got out of wack but he really tried
to be a good sport. You can see
how tired he is.


And he's out! In the walk from the park to the
car he lost his battle with sleep. Classic photo, eh?!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute pics. I love how brothers interact. I only had sisters so when I had my 2 boys it was quite an eye opener. They are either best friends or worst enemies these days. LOL.

Jen-ben said...

Manda, what a cute family you have!! I just wanted to thank you for the comment on my blog, you're really sweet! It makes me feel so good to know I'm not alone in feeling a little crazy at times :). I'm excited to check your blog often!

Jen-ben said...

By the way...I don't know you do it, you literally have 2 babies! My youngest is 16 months...I can't imagine having a baby! You're amazing!

Unknown said...

Joel is so stinking cute. I am glad you guys had fun.