Tuesday, August 04, 2009

For the love of pictures.

When you don't blog for a long time you miss out on the chance to share random everyday pictures. So here are some of my recent favorites of the boys.



Look at my baby. Vance is getting so grown up! Forget the fact that he's practically begging me to let him potty train too and the fact that he's constantly in trouble for back-talking; just look at him! He has lost all traces of baby. Luckily he still loves to cuddle.

This picture cracks me up! You know Tj had to be exhausted to actually fall asleep in the toddler size bed beside Joel.


One of the best pieces of advice that I've ever read is that it is our job as parents to raise kids who are capable and contributing members of society. My other favorite piece of advice is to never do for a child what they are able to do for themselves. Hence the following pictures:

Joel gets dressed by himself everyday now. Sometimes this is a longer process than other because he gets silly.
Joel being silly and putting his shirt on upside down.

Vance is just now starting to dress himself. Sometimes he gets the order of things confused (aka take off your pajamas first!) and he often comes up with original ways to get the clothes on. But as long as he is doing it himself and the clothes are covering the right parts of the body who cares what method he took to get them there.

This was Joel's first outfit that he picked out all by himself and dressed himself too. Classic. By the way I'm so proud of him. He is completely potty trained! So nice.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Good job Mommy! It is so true that what they can do themselves, let them do it. Your boys are adorable, just wish we could see them more often, but blogging is great for catching up.

Unknown said...

Good Job! I have been dressing Alex because it is just easier. Then a couple of days ago I said he is capable of doing this himself. Yesterday he did great. Today he is still naked and is refusing to get dressed. He wants me to do it. I guess we won't be going anywhere! LOL

manda carol said...

I know it's so much quicker and often easier to just do it for them! From buckling them in their car seats to getting dressed to clearing their dishes. But then I ask myself, "Do I really want to be doing EVERYTHING for him when he's 8 or 15 or 20?!" That usually out weighs the convenience. :)

Brian and Janette said...

Wow! You guys have been busy this summer. Your boys are adorable...I love those big brown eyes...and you can tell they have so much personality.

Shawna said...

That's gonna be my new mantra- the "never do anything for a child that they can do for themselves"... i do that already, but now i have a fancy phrase to go with it.

The boys are adorable and Yay for potty training!

Diane said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! They are so handsome! We miss you guys!