Monday, April 06, 2009

I love trouble.

You know there are certain things you take for granted. During the day if all is quiet with the boys, then I know they are probably getting into something that they shouldn't be. It's a given right?! But at night after the initial tear-fest that is our bedtime routine when it's quiet I assume it's because they're asleep. Well tonight as I was doing laundry I noticed an especially potent "Vicks" smell coming from the boys room. I had assumed it was because we've all been sick and Vance still has a stuffy nose. So I figured when Tj put Vance to bed he had put Vicks on him. Well I decided to check because it was really strong. And as I walk into the boys room I see Joel sitting on the edge of his bed with the Vicks (for kids) tub in his hands smearing and coating it from head to toe. It was caked on his face, in his ears, on his chin, down his neck and then skipping his body on his thighs and knees. I was so shocked I couldn't say anything. I guided him out of his room where he immedietly started crying.


Exhibit A:
First shot of Joel and the Vicks.

Exhibit B:
The Vicks container nearly empty.

Exhibit C:
Side View
Exhibit D:
Final Shot of the mess.

So of course after we made sure that Joel was okay and that he hadn't eaten any of the Vicks we lined him up for the photo shoot. Yeah, these pictures will come out on prom night. So after about three wash cloths, a bath and a new set of pajamas Joel was put back to bed- again.

**Note to self: lock all medicines in the cabinet.

10 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Thanks for the heads up on the things we have to look forward to in the future. I'm gonna try and learn from this one!

Celeste said...

The looks on his face were priceless, and as long as he's okay you can laugh :) What a cutie !!

Janet said...

Aww, he's so cute.
I'm sure it's the first of many.
I think Poison Control has a file on us...vaseline, super glue, preparation H... :)

Diane said...

That is so funny! Ever since Tyler was sick once and needed Vicks on his chest, now every time he sees the container he says he needs some! Maybe Joel thought the same thing!

Courtni said...

haha! gotta love that as moms our first reaction is to take a picture :-) i can't believe how much he used! guess he breathed well that night!

Amy Allred said...

Oh wow! You are one cool cat to stay calm. I think I would have lost it just a bit. But then again how could you get mad at that sweet face.

Delmonico Family said...

I'm sure it wasnt at the moment, but this is so funny. That stuff is difficult to clean up too. It's a funny story to tell him down the road

Shawna said...

Haha! Isn't it funny the things boys get in to?! I love the pictures! I wanted to take a picture of Landen in the desitin but I was afraid to leave him in the room while I got the camera! He would've got it everywhere! Next time I will definantly take a picture!

Miriam said...

Its amazing what kids will do! Vicks has such a strong smell and you are a very calm Mom!

The High Family- said...

Oh girl, I can totally relate. I bet at the time, it wasn't as funny as it is now! I still have poison control on speed dial.