Friday, March 06, 2009

Vance's Last Check-up



Last week I took Vance in for his 18-month check up. I also needed a check-up. So Vance and I made it a date. Poor Vance was behind on his shots so he got 4 sets of shots! Mommy was behind on her shots too, so I got a shot as well. Vance was so impressed with my "Hello Kitty" band aid that he insisted on "kitties" too. He also got an Elmo sticker for being such a good patient. The doctor got to evaluate Vance for an extended amount of time because we had back to back appointments. So while we reviewed my medical history Vance played. The doctor was very impressed with Vance's verbal ability. The average 18-month old has a vocabulary of about 8 words. Vance uses 4-6 words in a sentence! I think it's a combination of awesome parenting and fantastic genetics. Just kidding. Really I think it's his type-A personality and second child syndrome. Vance continues to be our petite child (not that Joel is a giant by any means). He's in the 5th percentile for weight and the 10th percentile for height.
The funny thing was that when we got home (after having to go to the lab so I could get blood work done) I completely expected Vance to be a little under the weather. Nope he didn't miss a beat. He was wrestling around with Joel almost as soon as we got home. Funny kid! He's one tough cookie.

2 comments:

LucyH said...

Hey Manda! Looks like things are going well with you! Your boys seem like good kids. Plan on having any more?

The High Family- said...

If my mom was reading your blog, she would say" Isn't it time for another one?" I on the other hand say, wait, 3 kids almost killed me. Just kidding! Vance is a handsome little man and it sounds like such a trooper at the doctor!