Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crafty Manda

Lately I have been feeling a bit crafty and creative. I have had really good intentions (going clear back to Easter) but just haven't made the time to post them. So finally, here are some of my latest creations.


My creative streak started when I was watching TV with the boys and saw a Rice Crispy commercial where they were making "Egg Rice Crispy Treats". I thought it was a cute idea. You can find it HERE. I had sprinkles left over from something or other in my pantry and they made the perfect coating.


Also around Easter time I saw these cute buckets at Target. I fell in love. They are just so SPRING. I knew I had to find something to do with them. And then it hit me, I've been wanting greenery for over my kitchen cupboards.
So after a trip to Michael's and hitting their sale rack I had my greenery. Unfortunately I stalled out in the kitchen decorating after that. But it's a great start and I love my grass buckets. lol

The next creative streak came in the form of sewing. I had seen these sensory blankets awhile back HERE. I had bookmarked it under my crafting wish list and when two of my friends had baby showers (one is even having TWINS!) I knew I had the perfect excuse to try it out. I also made one for Tj's newest little cousin and LOVED how it turned out.
My last and favorite attempt. :)

The ones for the twins (boy-girl set).

It was really fun getting crafty but not something I want to do for a side business. I am going to make one more and a mini-apron later this week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: